Freeport-McMoRan’s New Mexico Operations is proud to offer scholarships to 15 students (Grade 10-12) in Grant County that would like to attend New Mexico Tech’s Summer STE2M Session 2 Program. These scholarships will cover the $565.00 to attend the session, which covers all meals, housing and enrollment. If approved for the scholarship, the only expense incurred by the student will be travel to/from NM Tech and spending money.
- 2023 program course catalogue can found by clicking here
- Session begins: July 9, 2023 at 12:00 PM
- Entering Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year of high school
- Have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Have completed Algebra 1
- Apply to New Mexico Tech’s Session 2 by clicking here – Deadline to apply – June 24, 2023
- Submit all required documentation to NM Tech (including transcripts, etc.)
- New Mexico Tech will notify Freeport-McMoRan of students accepted into the program towards the end of the Session 2 registration period for Freeport to award the scholarships
- Freeport-McMoRan will notify students that are awarded the scholarships and submit registration payment directly to NM Tech
- An e-mail confirmation of payment will be sent once transaction is completed
Please feel free to reach out to Sharon Offutt at 575-313-6802 for more information on the Freeport-McMoRan Scholarships.